Awesome Welcome

Welcome to The Awesome Vegetarian! We hope you enjoy one of our many fantastic recipes! We're still pretty fresh in the blogosphere so bear with us a bit as we continue to build our site and offer you more and more awesome content.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Awesome Cooking Playlist - Soothing Winter Songs



It's cold in Michigan right now.  I mean really cold.  The type of cold that tempts me to turn my living room into a fort of pillows and blankets and hibernate for the next month or two.  Instead of doing that though, I've been turning to music to get me by.  One of my favorite artists to listen to mid-winter is Gretchen Parlato.  She's a fantastic jazz singer with breathy vocals that soothe and have the ability to make my house feel cozy and warm.  And, as Michael Scott says, there's nothing classier than boring jazz music.  (although, I'd hardly call her music boring)

I snuck in some extra songs at the end that aren't of the "jazz" category but I think help nicely round out this playlist.  Included is a great Michigan-native band that Anne Marie introduced me to called Breathe Owl Breathe.  I also threw in a little Mumford and Sons, Paolo Nutini, and a few other miscellaneous artists.

I like to enjoy this playlist while spending a chilly evening cooking in a warm kitchen and sipping a glass of wine.  I can't think of a better way to relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment